Solar Panels for Home
Solar Panels are mostly used to reduce dependence on natural resources. Some of us buy solar batteries for practical reason only. Others see it as kind gesture to support nature around us. It is up to you to come to find your reasons.
However, you should understand that PV cells are a valuable acquisition and you will spend quite a lot buying them. That is why it is important to estimate whether a home solar system is suitable for you and your property. First of all think over these questions:
- Does your place have access to sunlight?
- Is your roof spacious enough to install all necessary equipment?
- Does your local administration allows solar system installment?
- Will you save more than you spend?
Can you evaluate your solar resource? Direct sun is essential if you are going to install solar cells. At first it may seem like nothing is blocking sun rays from your roof. However, during certain point of the day some tree or building nearby can cast a shadow on your property. It is better if you spend some time observing your surroundings. You should also keep in mind that certain areas are polluted to the extent that it can affect the work of your solar system.
Certainly, there is no need to be “scared of shadows”. New generation of solar panels can produce electricity even on the grayest days. The thing is, PV cells from Solar Panels Company can generate electricity using both direct sun rays and scattered light. That is why usually you will get enough electricity to supply your family with energy and power all house appliances.
Your Energy Consumption
Now it is time to estimate your energy consumption. If you are still worried about productivity of your solar electric system, try to figure out the how much of your energy needs you want it to cover. Some families prefer to cut their electricity bills and use solar battery to partially reduce their dependence on community services. Others decide to purchase a standalone PV system.
Try to calculate your average energy consumption. It is great if you can look up utility bills or contact utility service to learn this information. Maybe you will find a way to change your habits and reduce your energy needs before purchasing solar equipment. The other option is to ask solar specialist to analyze the amount of electricity you can produce considering your conditions. This will allow you to buy a smaller photovoltaic power system and save up on maintenance in the future. If you are trying to design a new house and it is impossible to calculate the amount of energy your family is going to use daily, you should address system supplier and ask your Solar Panels Company for advice. The representative will calculate how much solar power is needed for you and for your children.
Keep in mind that all solar PV systems are different depending on their ability to generate electricity. Thus, it is essential to choose the most efficient option that will benefit you in the long term.
Home Solar System For You
You have to consider a lot of other factors before you actually start installing your PV panels. Anything can affect the work of your solar system. The best is if you discuss it with a solar expert, however, it is possible to evaluate certain conditions on your own. Two main factors that will affect performance of your PV modules are a rooftop condition, tilt and geographic orientation.
- Roof Surface must be of high quality. Do not forget to estimate strength and general condition of your roof before you decide to mount your solar equipment there.
- Orientation matters a lot since it allows to use your panels effectively. When your roof is facing the right way it is possible to maximize the amount of energy your solar cells can generate. Best case scenario for the northern hemisphere is when your panels are south orientated.
- Tilt of solar panels is often the same as of the roof. Obviously, to capture as much sunlight during the day as possible they should face the right direction. If you plan to purchase fixed panels, you should pay a great deal of attention to the tilt. It can greatly affect the amount of energy your solar cells will be able to generate. Adjustable solar panels can disregard the tilt, however, they are often a lot more expensive.
In case your roof cannot be utilized for solar panels installment, you can place them on the ground level. It is possible to discuss numerous opportunities for PV module placement with solar specialist and they with help you figure out the most suitable option.
Many home owners buy solar system without considering these factors and regret it later. If you want to make a purchase that will save your budget, try to take into account every little detail. Only then you will be able to produce clean and cheap energy without any troubles! If you still have questions, kindly contact representative from Solar Panels Company.