How to Choose the Right Solar Lights?
Solar lighting outdoors can be really useful. Especially if you can’t use the outdoor outlets. But sometimes it is really hard to choose the best solar lights provider. For different situations, you need to use different solar lights. And there are some things you should know about to make the right choice.
How does solar light work?
The batteries are charged by photovoltaic cells. They absorb sunlight during the day and then light the bulb. Solar lights are powered only by the sun. That is why it is important to place them somewhere where they can receive full sun. They need to receive the energy of the sun eight or more hours during a day.
Is your yard too shady? In this case, you need to use solar or landscape lighting pro. It will help to place a photovoltaic panel for example, in the roof. If there still not enough sunlight, solar garden lights will shine, but not so brightly and long.
Do you want to know more about solar power? Find out why solar power is becoming cheaper!
Different types of solar lights
- Solar path lights. They are small lights on special stakes. You can push them into the ground. You may use them to illuminate a walkway at night. They are not so bright, that is why you need to use a lot of them. Usually, they have various lighting modes. So, you can create different types of atmosphere.
- Decorative solar lights. They include decorative lanterns, colorful blown glass and solar string lights. Use them, if you need to have a warm ambient glow.
- Solar spotlights. These lights can provide light that’s equal to a 40-watt incandescent bulb. It is better to use them near doors and in the driveway. You can also place them in the garden, with the beam of light directed, for example, at a tree.
- Accent lights. Use this type of lights, if you want to have a nice glow. You may use them to bring some things to the center of attention. Or you may highlight some specific landscape features. This kind of lights includes also solar Christmas lights. They are not that bright, that is why you need to multiple lights closer to each other.
- Solar flood lights. Choose them, if you look for solar lights that are illuminating precisely the area you want. There is an opportunity to use various displays. That is why you can adjust them for an effective illumination of a particular area.
Different hues of solar lights
Pay attention to the hues. Most of the solar-powered lights use LED bulbs. That is why the light they emit is bright white. If you want the look of incandescent bulbs, look for solar lights with tinted covers. They may have another hue.
The brightness of outdoor solar lights depends on the brightness of the sun. Of course, the amount of daylight it is exposed to is important too. But remember about the quality of the photovoltaic cells and the size of the LED bulb. Pay attention: higher-quality photovoltaic cells and larger LED bulbs tend to cost more. In the same time, they shine more brightly.
Read now: solar power is taking over the global energy market!
What is important to know?
It doesn’t matter which model you will choose, don’t forget about your security and ease of use. Most of the solar lights should be easy to install and you shouldn’t worry about your safety either.
The construction of the solar lights is also important. You need to check not only the waterproof grade.
The quality of the photovoltaic cells depends on the brightness of solar lights. The size of the LED bulb is also important. But remember that good lights cannot be cheap. You want to get durability, adjustability, and versatility from the solar lights? Then you need to spend much money, but fisrt read how to save money by installing solar panels on your roof!